Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Breaking the seal

Welcome to my very first blog! I guess this means I am no longer a blog virgin. It's something I've been thinking about doing for a while now. I saw all the fun my friend Lisa was having, a/k/a The Queen of Cuisine (http://queenofcuisinepcs.blogspot.com) and she finally convinced me to do one. Although I can't compete with her writing skills, I'll sure give it the college-of-hard-knocks try.


Here i sit with a snow white blank page having no idea what to write. I imagine this is how many a great author started out! How exciting! As if coming up with a name for my blog wasn't hard enough, now I have to actually write something! Something interesting. I have to somehow get all these jumbled up thoughts out of my head into some kind of legible-making-sense-order. It's kinda like trying to get the gumballs out of the machine in the exact order of the rainbow colors. Such a task! Being a dual personality Gemini I just have too many ideas...first there was "The Dog Blog"... then there was "It's A Wonderful Life" but grrrrr that was already taken ... then there's "Gemini Blog"...OH my head is aching just thinking about all the blogs i COULD be doing. In the end, go with what you know (Dogs) and go with what you love (Dogs) and follow your dreams (to write a book about my Doberman titled My Kingdom For A Dog) and here we are.


I suppose I should comment on all this shitty weather we are having! (Am i allowed to say "shitty" in my blog? too late x 2) But that's too obvious and a bit negative...the sun WILL come out...tomorrow...right? Oh yes and I almost forgot to tell you...I am obnoxiously optimistic! Go ahead ask anyone; they'll tell you. Don't try to be all sad and depressed or self deprecating around Amy or she'll punch you in the face!


As far as grammar and spelling goes, I make NO promises! I use a lot of dots and dashes and exclamation points and run on sentences when I write; that's just who i am. The Gemini in me is always trying to express herself. And to be honest I much prefer to use small case "i" - it just looks cuter and it's a little different and that's who i am. So don't be surprised or think me an idiot if you see a variety of "I" and "i" peppered throughout my blogs. There will be enough elementary-school-English-teacher corrections by my editor when I'm writing the real thing later (my book) so I'm running barefoot and fancy-free now while I can. Hope you don't mind a little self-fulfilling prophecy.


Until my next blog post...I leave you with this: "Every dog needs a home and every home needs a dog"


WOOF WOOF!



1 comment:

  1. Hey!! Welcome to the blogging world. No doubt you'll be as addicted as I am!! Great pic of Lexi.... Wonder who took it??

    ReplyDelete

I WELCOME YOUR COMMENTS! If you dont have an account "anonymous" is the easiest way to do it, just sign your name so I know who you are! Thanks!