Thursday, January 31, 2013

The HVAC guys help train my dog

nyumm nyumm nyumm
 
There's nothing like having new duct work installed in your house and using it as an all day training exercise for your puppy!  I know alot of dogs that would be freaked out by all the banging, the drilling, the coming & going (and there's even some singing). OH but not Elvis! It's a chance for him to make friends and follow them around the house and then ambush them when they're kneeling on the floor to smell their caps and lick their ears (and of course whine when they go back downstairs and stop paying attention to him). For me it's a good chance to work on his social skills and how NOT to jump on people when they come over...and a good chance to work on his recall. Every time the workers come up from the basement Elvis runs to greet them, then I call him back (and he comes a'runnin).  I'm also throwing in a little "gently take a treat from my mouth" training. Mmmm salty! (closed course; professional driver; dont try this at home!)  Gonna go through ALOT of treats today....They didn't put THAT in the work estimate!

Shameless plug:  Silvia HVAC 508-946-5377  ask for Colleen or Bob and tell 'em Amy & Elvis sent you!

3 comments:

  1. MMMMM.... I taught Molly and WIllow the from the mouth treat thingl Feel free to try it with my Boxer! It can get a little slobbery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And LOVE LOVE LOVE the pic!! Good job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they got here at 8:30 and left around 3:00 i think...needless to say Elvis is sound asleep from all the excitement!

    ReplyDelete

I WELCOME YOUR COMMENTS! If you dont have an account "anonymous" is the easiest way to do it, just sign your name so I know who you are! Thanks!