Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Walkin In A Winter Wonderland


Close to 500,000 people in Southeastern Massachusetts are without power after Blizzard of 2013 "Nemo" ... stupid name! I can't believe they're naming winter storms now...everyone loves to name things; their car, their gun, their fish, hurricanes and now snow storms. Hmmmm makes me think back to my 2009  "What's In A Name" blog post. Man, that thing comes up all the time! It's some of my best work. Anyway, I was getting off track...where was i? Oh yes, people without power. So there they are huddled around the fireplace or wood stove, wrapped in twelve blankets, taking showers at friends-with-heat houses or abandoning their homestead for warmer refuge all the while cursing Nstar or National Grid or Middleboro Gas and Electric, swearing as God as their witness that they WILL get a generator this time and never go electricity-less again! (in a southern accent of course) Everyone....except...ELVIS! I swear he doesn't know he's a Doberman. He thinks he's a Husky or Norwegian Elk Hound or some other double coated fur ball because he's been frolicking in the snow for five days now. Even during our own 15 hour power outage, which is nothing compared to some people who are going on their fifth day without power, he was having a blast running around in the snow, sitting by the fire, trying to make chew toys of the wood pile. He was so bizzy frolicking that he didn't even notice that the tennis balls went on hiatus due to the inevitability of getting lost til spring in two feet of snow. We (ha! Dave) even snowblowed a maze for him in the back yard and what does Elvis do? He bounds out of the maze and trudges his way through the chest-deep snow to get the fallen sticks and branches that are sticking straight up out of the snow. The boy ain't right i tell ya! But I just love how very little phases him.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, but the flashbacks in that post made me turn all the lights on and the heat up. I wish I had Elvis's fortitude!

    ReplyDelete

I WELCOME YOUR COMMENTS! If you dont have an account "anonymous" is the easiest way to do it, just sign your name so I know who you are! Thanks!